So randomly my brain decided to try it's mind at a drabble. this is what resulted.
“She’ll not be back will she father?” A small voice asked.
“Nay child, she seems to be off again to help another in need.”
“Will you miss her, father?”
“Aye.”
“Why do you think she does it? Helping people I mean.”
“No one can tell for certain. No one knows where she lives or where she goes. She travels where she likes.”
“I should like to be as free as her someday.”
“And perhaps someday you will be, but for now, you must sleep.” The father said.
“Alright father.” The child paused a moment. “Father?”
“Aye?”
“When can I be as free as her?”
“For sure I don’t know child. Not one of us are free.”
“I’ll make it happen someday! No one will keep me!” The child said defiantly.
“Hush now! No talk of that sort from you! Not another sound! Rest now my child.”
2 comments:
I love this! The conversation sounds so natural and realistic. I like how I am thrown into the middle of something and am forced to try to understand it on my own. Good job!!
Thanks dear!
I'm glad that is how you feel about it! that's what I was going for. :D
thanks!
Post a Comment