Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Little Girl


Little girl
My little girl
how did this happen?

When I first met you
you were just
another cute
little kid

slowly by slowly
you crept
into my heart

Your little Voice
and phrases
binding you closer

I never realized how much
of my heart
you claimed

Now, when
at any moment
you could be gone
the realization hit

My heart is breaking

You claimed
such a large part
of me

I don't want
to miss
you growing up

I wanted
to be a part

My heart is breaking

Bittersweet
you get to be
with your mom

But is that
the right thing?
I dearly hope so

My heart is breaking

I feel so selfish
I don't want you
to leave

I want to
be able to see you
ever Sunday
babysitting

My heart is breaking

I don't want you
to not be in my life

Not to see
your grinning little face
at church

My heart is breaking

We've only known you
a little over
a year and a half

Yet you
are apart of many lives

My heart is breaking

I'm gonna miss you

But it should be good
for you
Your mom

But I'll always wonder
what would it have been like
if you hadn't left..

My heart is breaking

I Love you

4 comments:

Meaghan Ross said...

aw.... you actually made me almost start bawling... :( good job!

Rachael said...

Thats ok ever time i think about it i almost start crying... I know its up to God but i dont hurt any less.... is that not a good thing? ='(
Thanks

Anonymous said...

We need to remember God loves Arianna more than anyone here ever will. I myself have struggled with many of the same thoughts and God uses these times to grow us in Him and slowly helps us to fully trust Him. We are still so unsure how things will proceed, I can tell you, her mom is trying and it would be neglegent for me as a Christian not to pray for her to succeed. I truly believes God gives us the priveledge of our children not just for them but also for the growth in us as well. Her mom did great this week! Trust me eventhough I know all this God id still taking me through a grieving process and the best thing is to talk it out with a few trusted, wise and faithful sisters in the Lord. I love you and you have had an impact in her that has spoken the love of Jesus into her heart. Thank you for sharing this road with us.

Rachael said...

Yea i know.. Im glad to hear the she is trying!!! like really really really glad! Yea its gonna be sad... I have talked to meg about it...
oh now your gonna make my cry again!!! (actually when i first read this i cried....) thanks!
and i would share it again if i had to (not taht i WANT to....)

Love you! and thanks